Buhari emerges APC presidential candidate



General Mohammadu Buhari, has emerged the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate after a two-day convention held in Lagos.

Buhari polled 3,430 votes to get his party’s ticket. Kano state governor, Dr Rabiu Kwankwanso and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar got 974 and 954 votes respectively, while Governor of Imo state, Owelle Rochas Okorocha got 624, the publisher of Leadership Newspaper, Sam Nda-Isaiah scored 10 votes as 16 voided votes were recorded.



Buhari in his acceptance speech after winning the presidential primaries commended the convention planning committee for the success of the convention.

He said “the outcome of the presidential primaries is a demonstration of democracy at work. What has happened is not about winning or losing but about freedom of association.
“I wish to thank my contenders for putting up a good fight.

“I extend my gratitude for accepting my nomination and I will meet you in due course to fashion out how we will win the elections. It is with deep sense of humility to be the candidate and flag-bearer of the APC.

“I stand before you and ask that you join me to bring about the needed change for this country. It is either we advance as one or we fail together,” he said.

Comments