Realgist

Realgist
Bringing You The Latest Of The News

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

70-year-old man arrested for impersonating Buhari’s adviser

Police in the Federal Capital Territory have arrested a 70-year-old man, Adamu Sule, who was impersonating as the Special Adviser to the President on Defence Matters.
Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase

The police said Sule who specialises in defrauding influential people was arrested at a house in Maitama area of Abuja where he claimed to have met a former governor.

A statement by the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Manzah Anjuguri, on Monday said police detectives arrested Sule following a tip-off last Sunday.


Items recovered from the suspect include a fake identity card bearing Col. Adamu Sule, Senior Special Adviser to the President and five complimentary cards.

The statement partly read, “Upon his arrest, the suspect confessed to the police that the claim that he served in the army and that he is the Senior Special Adviser to the President were all falsified.

“He also confessed that he only hides under that guise to solicit for juicy contracts or financial favour from his high profile victims.”

Anjuguri stated that the suspect had been transferred to the Command Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department for further investigation.

The police also arrested a member of a notorious syndicate that specialises in producing and circulating fake N1,000 notes to unsuspecting members of the public.

The suspect was arrested around Royal Park in Wuse 2, Abuja where he had gone to buy N200 recharge card with a fake N1,000 note.

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Wilson Inalegwu, enjoined members of the public to be vigilant and to always provide the police with information about criminals and their nefarious activities.

He also enjoined the FCT residents to take advantage of the FCT Police Command emergency helplines: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653, and 08028940883.

Meanwhile, the police have reiterated the ban on fireworks and fire-crackers in the country.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Kolawole, in a statement cautioned Nigerians to desist from using fireworks, noting that the ban on it is still in force.

No comments:

Post a Comment